- Q: What do kids do at a Mad Science birthday party?
- A: During the first 40-45 minutes, the Mad Scientist will engage children with amazing science demonstrations that are conducted with the help of your birthday child and guests. Some examples of experiments that may be included are: fitting a hardboiled egg into an impossibly small space, seeing flash paper disappear and creating bubbling potions with dry ice. After the show all the kids will get to make and take home their very own cup of SLIME. Adding on a finale or cotton candy will add approximately 10-15 minutes to the show.
- Q: How far in advance do I need to book my party?
- A: Our party schedule fills up quickly. We suggest you book well in advance to get the date and time you want. Generally, at least 3 weeks in advance is recommended.
- Q: What do I need to do to make a reservation?
- A: You can fill out an online request form by clicking on the “Book Now” button. We will respond to your request within two business days. You can also call us at (713)663-7623 and we’ll be happy to schedule your party over the phone. We require a 50% non-refundable deposit at the time of booking and accept Visa, MasterCard, and Discover. Although your deposit is nonrefundable it is transferable should you need to change the time or date.
- Q: What time can I have my party?
- A: On Saturdays and Sundays we have set party times of 11:00 a.m., 12:00 a.m., 2:00 p.m., 3:00 p.m., 5:00 p.m., and 6:00 p.m. or later. Parties can also be scheduled Monday-Friday at any time. All dates and times are subject to availability.
- Q: Do I need to know the exact number of kids attending my party to book it?
- A: No. All we need is an estimate of the number of children you expect to attend. We ask that you plan for the largest number of children expected. On the day of the party, you will be charged only for the number of kids that actually attend
- Q: Do you have any themed parties?
- A: Science is our theme!! If you have another party theme, we can notify the Mad Scientist, and he/she will do his/her best to incorporate your theme into the experiments and language that is used if at all possible.
- Q: When the party is at the location of my choosing, when will the Mad Scientist arrive?
- A: The Mad Scientist will arrive approximately 15-20 minutes prior to the stated time to set up. He/she will be ready to start the show at the time you booked. We reccomend you add "the show will start at 2:00 p.m." to your invitation so that parents won't wait to leave a 2p.
- Q: What kind of space is needed?
- A: We will work off our kit that is in front of us; we ask that the kids be seated about 2-3 feet beyond that on the floor.
- Q: How much space is needed for the rocket launch?
- A: All launches must take place at a park or a ball field. Should your Mad Scientist feel the place you provide isn't safe the launch will not take place nor will you be charged.
- Q: Will I have to provide the Mad Scientist with anything?
- A: We will need access to water and access to electricity. Please let us know if your party location does not have either of these. We also ask that you provide us some kind of surface (i.e. table) to put our equipment on that is to be placed behind the Mad Scientist. Please, not your grandmother's antique table!
- Q: Once I have scheduled my party, can I make changes to it later?
- A: Yes. Any changes to your party need to be called in by the Wednesday prior to your party or 3 business days which ever one is applicable.
- Q: Is it okay to have other activities going on while the Mad Scientist is performing?
- A: No! :)
- Q: What if it rains the day of my party?
- A: Unless the inclement weather makes it impossible to reach you (i.e.: flooding), the party goes on as planned. Should you decide to plan your party to be outdoors please have a back-up plan. If you are planning on having your party outdoors PLEASE let us know at the time of booking so that we can make certain that the experiments we send will work outside.
- Q: Can I have the phone number of my Mad Scientist?
- A: We do not provide the Mad Scientist’s personal contact information. However, your Mad Scientist will call to confirm details and directions prior to your party. Should you not hear from him/her or have any concerns we are at the office until 6:30 p.m. on Fridays; after that you can always contact our "on call" person on our after hours emergency number: (713)320-3549
- Q: For what ages are your parties appropriate?
- A: We offer parties for both school aged children (5-12 years old) as well as preschool aged children (3-4 years old).
- Q: When do I pay?
- A: A 50% non-refundable deposit is due at the time of the booking; the balance of the party is to be paid the day of your party. We accept check, cash, or charge (Visa, Mastercard, or Discover).
Q: What is your policy on tipping?
A. If you think your Mad Scientist did a great job, by all means you can show your appreciation via a tip. If at all possible, please
pay the Mad Scientist directly. If you have any other questions, please call us at (713)663-7623